[tor-dev] Too many cooks spoil the broth---or: how about we clean up the wiki?

Robert Ransom rransom.8774 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 04:13:26 UTC 2011

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:08:46 +0200
Karsten Loesing <karsten.loesing at gmx.net> wrote:

> By the way, what happens if we rename wiki pages?  I guess Trac will
> update all internal links, but external links (e.g., from the website)
> will be broken?  We could fix our own website, but other websites would
> still be broken.  How bad would that be?

Do you plan to fix links in the mailing list archives as well?  How
about links in our e-mail inboxes?

Also, I would expect Trac to *not* update wiki-internal links -- it
doesn't update ticket ‘components’ when a component is renamed or
deleted.

> And finally, the following pages are about using Trac and would go into
> trac/ (it's possible that Trac wouldn't like us renaming some of its
> pages, but I guess we'll find out):

Several parts of the Trac interface that you would be unable to modify
link to these pages.  (Most notably, there is a link to
‘WikiFormatting’ above the ‘Comment’ entry box on every ticket.)

Robert Ransom