[tor-dev] The Torouter and the DreamPlug

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Fri Jun 10 17:57:12 UTC 2011

> I haven't converted my DreamPlug to Debian yet, but will try to do
> this over the weekend. I'll be sure to document the process as well.

Ok. This seems like a good starting point:
http://blog.davideaves.com/archives/2011/03/21/installing_debian_gnulinux_6_0_1_squeeze_on_the_dreamplug/
I love the intro:

"Installing Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.1 (squeeze) on the DreamPlug."

"After about a month of waiting the DreamPlug and JTAG module that I
ordered was finally delivered. So far as a dedicated home server goes,
the specs, physical size, price and longterm energy saving made it
almost a no-brainer to purchase. However once it arrived it did not
take me very long to realize that the preinstalled Ubuntu version on
it was already obsolete and was not going to be supported. Without
fully realizing what I was doing I quickly bricked the HostOS in an
attempt to force a release update via a "do-release-upgrade" courtesy
of the update-manager-core utilities. So there I was, frustrated, with
a new brick of a system, and was forced to try to do a restore only to
find out that there was no documentation out on the Internet to
assist. I decided to document what all it took to get the DreamPlug
back up and working and to install Debian on it, so hopefully I can
save someone from all the pain and anguish I suffered while trying to
get past the learning curve it took to get the system up and
working.."

Well, I think that settles it for me! Debian!

Also:
http://code.google.com/p/dreamplug/

All the best,
Jake