[tor-dev] Too many cooks spoil the broth---or: how about we clean up the wiki?

andrew at torproject.org andrew at torproject.org
Fri Jun 10 12:03:37 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:08:46PM +0200, karsten.loesing at gmx.net wrote 7.5K bytes in 279 lines about:
: I think the main problem is that there's no obvious structure in the
: wiki, so everyone just adds their stuff anywhere, maybe thinking that
: someone else will move it to the right place.  The other problem is that
: there's no such person cleaning up.

You're looking at the structure as created and migrated over 8 years.
Also see https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/1939 for
another option.  Our wiki is trying to be all things to all people, and
is clearly failing, or at least confusing everywhere.

Trac search isn't very good.  Lots of people use
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TitleIndex to find their
way around the wiki.

Most of this is going to be a "do-acracy", he/she who does the work,
wins.  The only part to be careful with is the actual faq pages.  Those
are heavily linked from around the world.  I can pull up the view of our
trac according to google's webmaster tools if you're interested.

--
Andrew
pgp key: 0x74ED336B