[tor-dev] The Torouter and the DreamPlug

Ian Goldberg iang at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jun 9 19:57:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 07:50:09PM +0000, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
> > Sounds like a plan. I prefer bridge by default, but we can discuss that
> > later.
> >
> What's the rational there? While we certainly need more bridges, I'd like to
> see an increase in relays and encourage more Friend of Friend bridge
> sharing. We should include a bunch of common configs and make it easy to
> setup. Also, a public relay will be much easier to help with in terms of
> setup, I suspect.

Doesn't "make random people into public (middle-only) relays" have the
(well maybe not "problem", but "issue"?) that when GFW blocks them, they
(the random people who bought an Excito/etc.) won't be able to connect
to anything in .cn any more?  Although I don't _often_ connect to .cn
domains, it seems unfortunate to effectively auto-ban these people from
Chinese websites.

   - Ian