Arm Release 1.4.1

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Tue Jan 11 18:08:31 UTC 2011

Damian Johnson <atagar1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone. The next version of arm (1.4.1) is available including
> the proc querying enhancements, Fabian's BSD compatibility patches,
> and numerous other improvements:
> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/arm-release-141
>
> Updates to the packages and repositories will be staggered a week
> (just in case issues are discovered over the next new days). Feedback
> and bug reports are always welcome! -Damian

I'm a bit behind on my Tor-related mails, so this one is out of order.

Anyway, 1.4.1 seems to have issues in the !self._useProc case
and (at least on FreeBSD) messes up the screen with exceptions
like these if Tor has only recently been started:

Exception in thread Thread-3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/usr/home/fk/arm/src/util/sysTools.py", line 538, in run
newValues["cpuSampling"] = newValues["cpuAvg"]
KeyError: 'cpuAvg'

The attached patch (0003) seems to fix it for me,
but I didn't properly test it yet.

Fabian