[tor-dev] [tor-announce] Tor 0.2.2.35 is released (security patches)

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Sat Dec 17 09:50:26 UTC 2011

Should we think to have all tor-users that run a version minor than X,
go automatically off-the-network?

I mean, if we have let's say 10% of outdated users, it means that 10% of
the network can be compromised with a single remote exploit.

I mean, running a Tor node today it's a responsibility.

If a node maintainer it not going to update within a possibly defined
grace period, it should imho get kicked-out from the network.

Has been this concept already considered somehow?
I mean, at least if a node is not updated for example, it would never be
able to achieve a certain "status" or functionalities.
For example never become a Guard node or never became an Exit Node?

-naif