[tor-dev] The Torouter project - where are we now?

Nathan Freitas nathan at freitas.net
Sun Apr 24 03:05:08 UTC 2011

On 04/23/2011 10:55 PM, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
> What this means practically is that as we've seen with Android, we're
> going to seriously lag releases as it won't be the responsibility of any
> single person or group of people.

As a note on this, I think I and/or whoever wants to be responsible for
Android builds, needs to just understand how to get into the workflow
for updating releases with the latest Tor binaries. In addition, it
would be good to understand when a release is optional, vs recommended
vs. absolutely necessary. I don't quite have my head around that yet.

At some point, we had a good flow going b/c Erinn had Android as part of
her critical path of updates to do, and I was regularly pushing new
ready to ship builds, instead of getting sidetracked on unshippable code
to handle esoteric Android issues.

Lastly, I think what we did with 1.0.4 made sense, where we just updated
the Tor binary and not the Android code, smoked test that, then shipped,
made a lot of sense.

+n