[tor-dev] The Torouter project - where are we now?

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Apr 21 18:54:20 UTC 2011

On 04/21/2011 10:57 AM, Erinn Clark wrote:
> * Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> [2011:04:21 09:17 -0700]:
>>> The best way to ensure that users can easily upgrade Tor and related
>>> packages is to set up a torproject.org repository for OpenWrt
>>> packages. This repository would then have to be added to
>>> /etc/opkg.conf.
>>
>> That's similar to what I said on IRC; it seems reasonable to keep the
>> Tor package updated in OpenWRT. We need to decide if we want to build
>> regular packages for installation and also if we want to host them. I
>> think this is mostly an Erinn question
>
> I'm not sure if this is actually a question for me, since I'm not involved in
> the Tor router stuff and don't currently have any plans to maintain a new
> package. Give me more information about the format of the package and
> repository?

It's a question for what we as a project can handle supporting - when a
new Tor is released, we'll need to build it unless we rely on upstream
builds. Runa and I suggest that we (Tor) may want our own OpenWRT
repository - that by default seems to fall directly on our main build
person, I think.

All the best,
Jake