[tor-dev] Redirecting network traffic to tor

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Fri Apr 8 19:59:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:01 AM, rp <romanpauk at gmail.com> wrote:
 [...]
> Although this is rather crude, it should prevent traffic leaks. What do you think
> about this? Could it be to some use? I have already tested all points except number
> 3), which would need more work, so before it I have to ask for your opinions -
> whether this is a waste of time or not. Please let me know.

Hello, Roman!  This is interesting stuff, but the mention of
LD_PRELOAD makes me wonder how this compares to Torsocks.  In
particular, what can you do with this approach that the Torsocks
approach can't achieve?

Also, hooking connect isn't enough: you can send network traffic with
sendto and sendmsg over an unconnected socket; I bet there are other
ways to do it too.

yrs,
--
Nick