[tor-dev] GSoC - Torbutton for Thunderbird

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 07:06:04 UTC 2011

Hi!

I am interested in participating in Google's Summer of Code this year
and implementing the Torbutton equivalent for Thunderbird [0].

I have been discussing the project with Mike Perry and we feel that it
is possible to implement this. The first step was removing the
hostname Thunderbird puts in the outgoing message header, which we
easily fixed. That gave us the initial motivation to pursue this
further.

There are a number of issue that still remain, however we feel that
those can be easily worked out. We have put all probable solutions to
Torbutton requirements from [1] in the attachment with this mail and
are looking for your suggestions/ comments about this.

We have not submitted an application for this to Google yet; I intend
to do that after gauging the response towards this proposal from the
mailing list.

Let's hope that we can make this a success,

--
Thanks,

Sukhbir Singh

[0] - https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en#torbuttonForThunderbird