Torperf

Karsten Loesing karsten.loesing at gmx.net
Mon Oct 25 08:11:35 UTC 2010

On 10/13/10 5:25 PM, Sebastian Hahn wrote:

Ooops, sorry for the delay. I spent the past 1.5 weeks in JSP Hell TM!
Catching up with email today...

> On Oct 13, 2010, at 8:51 AM, Karsten Loesing wrote:
>> - What shall we do with the Torperf run on ferrinii that fetches a 50
>> KiB file every minute and notes the path? I think Sebastian wanted this
>> run to validate whether our assumption about Tor doing path selection is
>> correct. Do you still want to do this? Shall I keep it running?
>
> I thought we would want to run all our torperfs this way, because it would
> collect just the data and when we need it we can look at it. Is there an
> indication that this would be unwise?

Right, we can change the 3x3 Torperfs we're running to write their paths
to disk. But in the question above I was referring to the (fourth)
Torperf run on torperf.tpo that requests a 50 KiB file every minute. You
asked me to set that one up a few weeks ago. Shall I keep it running?
And if so, what are we doing with the data?

>> - Shall we "upgrade" the Torperfs on moria/torperf.tpo/siv to write
>> their path to disk? Sebastian, did you finish the script to combine
>> .data and .extradata files? And can you push your .extradata code to the
>> main repository? While upgrading the Torperf scripts, should we also
>> upgrade the Tor clients? Last time I checked, siv was running
>> 0.2.1.24-dev, torperf was running 0.2.2.10-alpha-dev, and moria was
>> running 0.2.2.8-alpha-dev.
>
> I did finish the script, it is in my bug1918 branch currently. I had hoped
> for some review before pushing my code to the main review, but if
> that's unlikely to happen I'll merge.

I'm going to do the upgrade today and will let you know if something breaks.

Thanks,
--Karsten