hidden service

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Wed Oct 20 03:34:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 08:25:26PM -0700, Robert Ransom wrote:
> > I think the problem is in the directory server's configuration, how can I set up it to support the hidden service? Is there any example?
>
> I think the option you need to set for current Tor versions is
> ???HidServDirectoryV2???.  Add ???HidServDirectoryV2 1??? to at least one
> relay's torrc.

HidServDirectoryV2 has defaulted to 1 since Tor 0.2.1.6-alpha. So setting
that line should have no effect.

>  You may also want to add ???MinUptimeHidServDirectoryV2 0
> seconds??? to the directory authority's torrc.

This one should work well though.

But if you're running Tor 0.2.1.x, you'll still get complaints when
it tries to find an original (centralized) hidden service authority in
parallel, and finds that your dirserver lines don't list any. I think
the best fix there is to move to Tor 0.2.2.x.

Thanks!
--Roger