tor-ramdisk on git

Anthony G. Basile basile at opensource.dyc.edu
Fri Nov 5 00:29:11 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I've had lots of requests to add ssh support to tor-ramdisk [1] because
ftp is insecure.  I originally used dropbear, but after discussion with
Jacob, I switched to openssh.

I'm not providing images yet, but I've got the build scripts up on a git
repo [2].  They're meant to be run on a x86 uclibc system, but might
build on glibc and/or x86_64.  When I produce the images for
distribution, they are built with hardened gentoo, both toolchain and
kernel [3].  This give userland pie, ssp, _FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 and the
kernel GRSEC/PaX.

Feel free to grab the stuff and contribute.  I'll throw a GPL-2 in there.

Refs.

[1] http://opensource.dyc.edu/tor-ramdisk
[2] git://opensource.dyc.edu/tor-ramdisk
[3] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
Chair of Information Technology