Next developer party Tuesday, Nov 23 at 1pm EST (18:00 UTC)
nickm at freehaven.net
Sun Nov 21 20:09:02 UTC 2010
I'm declaring the next developer party at 23 Nov at 1pm EST (I believe
that's 18:00 UTC). It will last for 2 hours of official partytime,
though please feel free to linger after. It will be in #tor-dev on
irc.oftc.net. The agenda is still simple: let's figure out what we're
all working on 'til the end of the year, and see how we can help each
other out. Let's not get bogged down in just one or two individual
projects; I'll moderate as needed.
Standard party notes:
* This is called a "party" because calling our IRC meetings "parties"
has produced better outcomes in the past than calling them "meetings".
* If you're not free to make it, or if you're not free to make it for
the whole time, don't worry. There will be more of these at other
times ranging from "too late in Europe" to "too early in California".
* If you're not an actual developer on Tor, you're welcome to come and
hang out, but this is mainly a time for developers to chat and plot
and generally confab.
* We're probably not going to be "partying" for every minute of all 2
hours; think of this as a salon where people wander in and out and
take breaks to go into a corner and eat cheese or debug trac or
* The format will probably change in the future as we get some
experience with it and learn more about what does (and doesn't) work
for us. If having 2 open hours is too much, let's do less.
* I'm going to try to "host" this developer party. Since you can't
serve food over IRC, and there's no need to vacuum the floor before
the party starts, I'm not quite sure what my responsibility will be
other than being around the whole time and trying to make sure the
conversation stays interesting. I'll play it by ear.
More information about the tor-dev