Firefox privacy and Tor Browser

Mansour Moufid mansourmoufid at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 03:10:47 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 8:52 PM,  <andrew at torproject.org> wrote:
> Thanks for your thoughts.  While I'm a big fan of request policy, it
> 'breaks' the web for 95% of the users out there.  The
> slightly-above-average web user still doesn't understand the web page
> they are viewing is composed of many domains all serving up different
> parts.  Having watched people use request policy for the first time,
> they end up temporarily enabling everything, because the defaults are
> still shocking to them.

I agree. Although I use RequestPolicy myself, it does take a lot of
patience to get to the point of being usable.

> It is disabled, along with reported attack sites. It's disabled in
> prefs.js.  See
> https://svn.torproject.org/svn/torbrowser/trunk/build-scripts/config/prefs.js

Excellent! It's very reassuring to see that Tor developers are were
already aware of these issues. Very impressive!

I look forward to testing and using Tor Browser. Thanks again.

--
Mansour Moufid