Proposal 171 (revised): Separate streams across circuits by connection metadata

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Wed Dec 15 04:59:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Chris Palmer <chris at eff.org> wrote:
> On 12/14/2010 02:35 PM, Robert Hogan wrote:
>
>> Interestingly, Unix sockets allow you to collect the gid and uid of the
>> process on the other side of the socket. Not the pid unfortunately.
>
> Not so: my FreeBSD sys/socket.h has:

I thought these interfaces were only for passing credentials over unix
sockets. What's the API to get a copy of one of these structures given
only a socket without the other guy passing you a credential?

(Either way, it's a bit academic if it only works on unix sockets; I'm
not aware of any applications that support socks over non-TCP sockets)

yrs,
--
Nick