Second Tor online "developer party" on Monday from 18:00 to 20:00 UTC

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Wed Aug 4 18:19:39 UTC 2010

Hi, folks!  This email is a heads-up about our next online
nonstructured mass developer meeting, still called a "developer party"
on the superstitious belief that if we act like it's supposed to be
fun, it will be.   The last one was fun, after all.

(I'm announcing this one on or-dev, since that's where people
suggested that I announce it after I announced the last one on another
list.  If you don't think these messages should be on or-dev, please
email me personally [not the list] to say so.)

It's going to be from 18:00 to 20:00 UTC on Monday on the #tor-dev
channel on irc.oftc.net.  That's 14:00 to 16:00 eastern, and 11:00 to
13:00 pacific, if I can still do math with my current jetlag.

General notes:
* If you're not free to make it, or if you're not free to make it for
the whole time, don't worry.  There will be more of these at other
times ranging from "too late in Europe" to "too early in California".
* If you're not an actual developer on Tor, you're welcome to come and
hang out, but this is mainly a time for developers to chat and plot
and generally confab.
* We're probably not going to be "partying" for every minute of all 2
hours; think of this as a salon where people wander in and out and
take breaks to go into a corner and eat cheese or debug trac or
whatever.
* The format will probably change in the future as we get some
experience with it and learn more about what does (and doesn't) work
for us.  If having 2 open hours is too much, let's do less.
* I'm going to try to "host" this developer party.  Since you can't
serve food over IRC, and there's no need to vacuum the floor before
the party starts, I'm not quite sure what my responsibility will be
other than being around the whole time and trying to make sure the
conversation stays interesting.  I'll play it by ear.

peace,
--
Nick