Safely collecting data to estimate the number of Tor users

Karsten Loesing karsten.loesing at gmx.net
Thu Aug 26 19:17:57 UTC 2010

Hi SwissTorExit!

On 8/26/10 5:50 PM, stars at hispeed.ch wrote:
> It seem a great idea for me and hope that it can be used as Non-Exit
> Relay with High bandwitch and all flag assigned ( i mean stable. named,
> HS, Guard, fast, Dir)
>
> If yes, i will with pleasure contribute to help like always.

Thanks for the offer. Yes, non-exit relays with high bandwidth are what
we need. But for this experiment I'm looking for a set of really fast
relays that answers a large fraction of, say, 10 % of all directory
requests in the network. I think there are only three relay families
matching that requirement (but I didn't look very closely). Once we have
found a way to safely combine findings from multiple directories, I'll
let you know and ask you to help out.

Thanks!
--Karsten