[or-cvs] [tor/master 3/3] Move exit-stats code to the end of rephist.c.

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Tue Aug 10 21:53:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 02:45:57PM +0000, nickm at torproject.org wrote:
> Author: Karsten Loesing <karsten.loesing at gmx.net>
> Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 07:32:10 +0200
> Subject: Move exit-stats code to the end of rephist.c.
> Commit: 83626ec91c4d0de610f59bc43a1e5d0dd4103d87
[snip]
> -/** Free all storage held by the OR/link history caches, by the
> - * bandwidth history arrays, or by the port history. */
>  void
> -rep_hist_free_all(void)
[snip]
> +/** Stop collecting exit port stats in a way that we can re-start doing
> + * so in rep_hist_exit_stats_init(). */
> +void
> +rep_hist_exit_stats_term(void)
> +{
> +  start_of_exit_stats_interval = 0;
>    tor_free(exit_bytes_read);
>    tor_free(exit_bytes_written);
>    tor_free(exit_streams);
> -  built_last_stability_doc_at = 0;
> -  predicted_ports_free();
> +}
> +
[snip]
> +/** Free all storage held by the OR/link history caches, by the
> + * bandwidth history arrays, by the port history, or by statistics . */
> +void
> +rep_hist_free_all(void)
> +{
> +  digestmap_free(history_map, free_or_history);
> +  tor_free(read_array);
> +  tor_free(write_array);
> +  tor_free(last_stability_doc);
> +  tor_free(exit_bytes_read);
> +  tor_free(exit_bytes_written);
> +  tor_free(exit_streams);
> +  built_last_stability_doc_at = 0;
> +  predicted_ports_free();
> +}

Hi Karsten,

It would be good in the future to do this sort of change as two commits --
one that moves the huge chunks of code from one file to another, and a
second that actually modifies what the code is. Otherwise when reviewing,
we have to memorize all the removed lines and recognize them when they
reappear, so we can learn what actually changed.

--Roger