Proposal 160: Authorities vote for bandwidth offsets in consensus

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Tue May 12 16:46:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:05:11AM -0400, Nick Mathewson wrote:
 [...]
> Here are some additional suggestions that came up as we were
> talking.

Oh!  Here's one more we may want to think about:

Right now, clients don't believe any bandwidth value over a certain
amount, so that routers can't say "I have a 1 Terabyte capacity!" and
get all the traffic.  But if bandwidths are measured by the
authorities, it could become safe to believe big bandwidths.  Thus,
the consensus should indicate whether its bandwidth values are to be
clipped or not.

--
Nick