Single hop connections?

Prithula Dhungel prithula.dhungel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:27:07 UTC 2009

Hi all,
   I have just started looking at the Tor code. I wanted to know if it will
be at all possible to have a single hop path and communicate over it (apart
from the single hop path that can be made for directory server interaction).
For the non-directory server intended circuits, I see that the Tor code
specifically checks that the circuit is not single hop.

Would it be at all possible to make a one - hop circuit (which I guess is
possible by specifying the nickname, digest of the router) and then use it
for a normal purpose?

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Prithu