Draft schedule for Tor 0.2.1.x.

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Mon May 19 19:56:31 UTC 2008

Hi, folks!

It's time to start talking more about what goes into the next release
of Tor, the 0.2.1.x series.  I think this release's development will
go much more smoothly if we have rough time windows in mind for when
parts of its development need to be done.

These are all rough targets.  We can bend them if we have a big reason
to do so, such as fixing a big security problem or interoperating
right with an important external project.  On the other hand, we
shouldn't bend them unless we're willing to risk delaying the release
by doing so.  I've tried to include rationales inline.

Here are the rough dates for the next release:

June 30: PROPOSAL CUTOFF.

All feature proposals for consideration should be in and discussed
before this date.  In the meantime, we should already be implementing
accepted proposals.  Note also the "and discussed": complex proposals