[jarusl at cs.northwestern.edu: Tor proxy for Virtual Machines]

Kyle Williams kyle.kwilliams at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 21:46:18 UTC 2008

I've seen this and it is very interesting.  I like how reference 16
points to JanusVM, which basically does the same thing.  JanusVM also
works with Qemu that has been patched to work with LibPCAP.

However, the crutch with both projects being "... that you have the PCAP
and LIBNET libraries installed."  Which really isn't much.

With JanusVM the host OS is using the guest OS to transport traffic over
Tor.
With TorVTL the guest OS is using Tor from the host OS to transport
traffic.  I would imagine you could run this inside a VM too if one so
desired.

Very nice. :)

- Kyle