Tsocks with Tor patches

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Sat Jun 28 04:39:41 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 01:03:19PM +0100, Robert Hogan wrote:
 [...]
> This seemed a good idea to me. My own patches mainly addressed
> compiler warnings but also made the SOCKS defaults sensible for a
> Tor user, while Ruben's version had some patches from weasel that I
> wasn't aware of.
>
>  I have created a CVS module on Tork's SF repository that will
> hopefully serve as the basis for all future Tor-related patching:
>
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at tork.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tork co -P
> torsocks
>
> This module contains all the patches listed at:
>
> http://tork.cvs.sourceforge.net/tork/torsocks/patches/

Thanks for picking up the ball on this one, Robert!

Feel free to update the wiki to point to this version.  I assume
you've seen the list of patches at
https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TSocksPatches ?

One thought: Maybe the name should change, or the version number
format should change, or something like that?  This would :
  - indicate that this is not the stock tsocks
  - give people something easy to google for when they want to find
    the tsock that works with Tor.

 [...]
> I will keep it in the TorK repository until it's fit for the Tor
> project to host on svn (and distibute) and hopefully continue to
> maintain it there with anyone else who is interested. If it's not
> deemed suitable for the project to host I'll just continue to use it
> as a basis for the torksocks bundled with TorK.

I don't see a reason why it couldn't be added to the Tor svn repo;
just drop a line when you think it's ready.

yrs,
--
Nick