Alex Le Heux on IPv6 proposals [alexlh at funk.org: Re: Links about IPv6 in Tor]

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Fri Jul 25 13:28:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 10:38:03AM +0200, Marcus Wolschon wrote:
 [...]
>  * the proposal does not contain hidden services on IPv6
>    where we have working and tested code for it. Does it
>    only specify the changes that still need to be made?

I'm pretty sure that no changes to the spec are required for hidden
services to work with IPv6.  The only changes that are necessary are
all on the hidden service side, where you connect to an IPv6 target
rather than an IPv6 target.  Am I missing something there?

BTW, I'm working on IPv6, looking at Marcus's original patch as I go
along, incorporating my comments from 4 dec and 5 dec last year, and
trying to make it all more compliant with proposals 107 and 108.  With
luck, this should get merged in soon.  Many thanks to everybody who's
helped with this.

peace,
--
Nick