[or-cvs] r13048: first thoughts on rate limiting stream creations at exits (tor/trunk/doc/spec/proposals/ideas)

Paul Syverson syverson at itd.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Jan 7 13:21:51 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 05:41:49AM -0500, arma at seul.org wrote:

> Added:
>    tor/trunk/doc/spec/proposals/ideas/xxx-rate-limit-exits.txt
> Log:
> first thoughts on rate limiting stream creations at exits
>
> +
> +4. Client-side limitations
> +
> +  Perhaps the clients should have built-in rate limits too, so they avoid
> +  harrassing the servers by default?
> +
> +  Tricky if we want to get Tor clients in use at large enclaves.
> +

I am thinking that a lot of things will need to be addressed if Tor
clients are to be used at large enclaves. (I assume you mean something
like client-at-the-enclave-firewall rather than
client-at-the-workstation.  The latter will still probably require
many things before it can be effected but I imagine client-side rate
limits would be a nonissue or a minor issue vs. for other users.)