[or-cvs] Update OpenBSD via tor?

John Brooks aspecialj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 22:52:32 UTC 2008

Tor only works directly as a SOCKS proxy. There are a couple options here -
first is the 'torify' program (which uses tricks to force all sockets in a
process to be sent through Tor even without application support for SOCKS).
That'd be the simplest solution, probably. You could also set up a HTTP
proxy to redirect to tor (this is what privoxy usually does - although it'd
need to support non-HTTP connections, which i'm not sure it does), or simply
use different software that includes SOCKS support :P

I don't think this is relevant in this situation, but always remember that
passwords sent in plaintext over tor are visible to the exit node. FTP would
fall under that category.

- John