[or-cvs] r12599: more progress on the geoip proposal (tor/trunk/doc/spec/proposals)
robert at roberthogan.net
Thu Nov 29 20:58:16 UTC 2007
>Is it sufficient just to add a new GETINFO command?
> GETINFO ip-to-country/184.108.40.206
> 250+ip-to-country/220.127.116.11="US","USA","UNITED STATES"
Other commands that would be useful:
1. 'getinfo servers/[COUNTRYCODE]' giving a list of servers with that
2. setconf ExcludeCountryCodes
3. setconf IncludeCountryCodes
But why not absorb the countrycode into the server descriptor and have it
assigned by the authorities?
- prevent possible partitioning attacks arising from different versions of the
geoip db floating around (if bootstrap versions are supplied).
- save bandwidth (the db would be shared by authorities only)
- save client/relay processing power
@downloaded-at 2007-11-29 19:45:13
@geoip US Boston X-ordinate Y-ordinate
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the tor-dev