TODO: Add a way to request DNS resolves from the controller

Robert Hogan robert at roberthogan.net
Wed Jun 20 21:36:22 UTC 2007

I've implemented a rudimentary version of this.

I think I have the fundamentals right (it works) but I'm not sure about the
interface. The controller requests resolves with:

RESOLVE hotmail.com
250 OK

And tor responds with:

650 RESOLVE hotmail.com:64.4.32.7

Internally, performing a resolve request enables the RESOLVE event for that
controller. But you only get a RESOLVE event whenever you request one.

I've implemented it as an event rather than a getinfo because of the expected
latency of the response.

This approach breaks the spec a bit, in that 650 events now occur when you
perform a SETEVENTS or implicity enable a RESOLVE event by performing a
RESOLVE.

Should I continue on the basis of this approach or is there a strong
preference to make the requests something like getinfo resolve/hotmail.com ?

--

Browse Anonymously Anywhere	- http://anonymityanywhere.com
TorK	- KDE Anonymity Manager	- http://tork.sf.net