OR outgoing IP address

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Fri Jul 27 07:30:38 UTC 2007

Hi list,

I'm running OR hamakor (tor.hamakor.org.il). The machine in question has
two IP addresses, and I've almost dedicated the second of which to tor.
The purpose of this was to allow me to track the tor bandwidth usage.

Unfortunately, things are not working as planned. While incoming
connections arrive at the right address, outgoing connections go out
through the main IP address of the machine. This mean that:
1. The TOR checks fail
2. I cannot log usage properly

I'm not sure it is at all possible to easily solve this (I'm thinking of
a solution, but it's not easy to implement, definitely not in a
cross-platform way), but it is a problem worth keeping in mind.

Thanks,
Shachar