TODO: Add a way to request DNS resolves from the controller

Robert Hogan robert at roberthogan.net
Mon Jul 2 21:55:09 UTC 2007

On Monday 02 July 2007 22:21:12 Robert Hogan wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 June 2007 17:20:06 Nick Mathewson wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > I think the approach you describe above is okay.  It shouldn't break
> > backward compatibility, since preexisting controllers will never issue
> > RESOLVE commands, and so will never get "650 RESOLVE" events.
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> Patch attached. It supports host and reverse lookups.
>
> Sample output:
>
> resolve hotmail.com
> 250 OK
> 650 RESOLVE hotmail.com:64.4.32.7
> resolve 64.4.32.7
> 250 OK
> 650 RESOLVE 64.4.32.7:lc1.bay0.hotmail.com
>
> Let me know what needs cleaning up/reworking.

For a start it didn't handle unknown hostnames, or any other error conditions.
Nor did it respect the indentation in dnsserv.c. The attached does.

I haven't included a write-up for controlspec.txt.

--

Browse Anonymously Anywhere	- http://anonymityanywhere.com
TorK	- KDE Anonymity Manager	- http://tork.sf.net