stream_bw event

Robert Hogan robert at roberthogan.net
Wed Feb 14 11:42:45 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 February 2007 05:50, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:31:19PM +0000, Robert Hogan wrote:
> > Mentioned this on irc the other night and took the attached approach.
> >
> > If you are happy with the general outline, I can prepare a proper
> > patch adding stuff to the docs etc and with proper comments.
>
> Looks good.
>
> > There are probably a couple
> > of house-style solecisms in there too, so please let me know.
>
> Okay!  (Ordinarily, I'd just clean this kind of stuff up myself, but
> you asked.)  First off, here's some stuff you might not know about our
> house style:
>   - we have a whitespace checking script that you can invoke
>     with "make check-spaces"
>   - we try to make everything build warning-free on GCC.  If you're
>     using a Unix-like platform, run configure with
>     --enable-gcc-warnings in order to keep your source squeaky-clean.
>
> The only actual error I found in the code was that you declared a
> no-arguments function as "int fn();" rather than "int fn(void)".  This
> is fine in C++ or Java, but in standard C, it can be confused for an
> old (pre-ANSI) style declaration where instead of saying "this
> function takes no arguments" you're saying "this function might or
> might take arguments; I'm not telling."
>
> Again, this looks like a good and useful feature.  Would you like me
> to tidy up the patch and check it in, or would you like to do it
> yourself?

I've cleaned it up as per your advice. changed the logic that decides whether
to write a event to be slightly more efficient (I think!), and added a note
for the control-spec.

Hope it doesn't require too much tweaking!

--

KlamAV - An Anti-Virus Manager for KDE - http://www.klamav.net
TorK   - A Tor Controller For KDE      - http://tork.sf.net