rend-spec.txt

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Wed Feb 14 05:27:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 09:40:51PM +0000, Robert Hogan wrote:

> few questions:
>
> rend-spec doesn't define what OP stands for. origination point?

That's defined in tor-spec.txt: "Onion Proxy".  It's a Tor instance that's
anonymizing traffic on behalf of an authority.  Also, you could read
the Tor design paper, like the first sentence of rend-spec.txt
suggests. :)

> what directories do hidden services upload to? authorities or
> mirrors or both?

Only "hidden service authorities".  Right now, this is the same as the
subset of the directory authorities that support the v1 protocol.

> how might the yet to be defined authorisation mechanism for hidden services
> work?

I believe Paul and Roger have some more concrete ideas here than I do.

peace,
--
Nick Mathewson