001-process.txt thoughts

phobos at rootme.org phobos at rootme.org
Tue Feb 20 20:38:07 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 10:57:06PM -0500, nickm at freehaven.net wrote 3.2K bytes in 81 lines about:
: I'm basing this aspect of the proposals idea on the Python Enhancement
: Process, which seems to work pretty well for them.  Generally,
: preventing proposals from changing completely is a matter for the PEP
: editor to enforce, and what constitutes a "complete change" is as a
: matter of taste.  For Tor, I think we should do more or less the same
: thing.

	Let's take a wait and see approach.  Who has final say in the
	process?

: Disagree.  Proposals are supposed to get merged into the specs, so
: that the specs stay as an internally consistent and complete document
: of what Tor actually does.  Take the (accepted) proposal 106, for
: example: it describes a change to the certificate verification rules,
: not a new part of the spec per se.

	I'm thinking of RFCs that move to a standard, but ok.  Again, I
	can take a wait and see approach.  I think specs that reference
	the proposal may alleviate some confusion in the future.

--
Andrew