Tor and privoxy had been ported to iphone and works very well.

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Thu Dec 20 05:31:41 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 05:25:57PM +0800, cjacker huang wrote:
> Hi, there,
>    I just ported libevent, tor-0.1.2.18 and privoxy to iphone 1.1.1 fw.
> and finished a iPhone app named iTor.app.

Hi!  Good work; I'd like to get this into the main Tor distribution as
soon as I can.  I have a couple of questions, though:

Q1: You seem to be defining two macros: __DARWIN_UNIX03 and __IPHONE.
I see that __DARWIN_UNIX03 is used in various header files.  But I
don't get any relevant hits searching for __IPHONE.  Does anything in
the system headers use it by that name, or should it be called
"IPHONE" instead?

> these three definitions had been set to 1 by default:
>
> USING_TWOS_COMPLEMENT
> NULL_REP_IS_ZERO_BYTES
> TIME_T_IS_SIGNED

Q2: Are you cross-compiling, or do these tests get run and then give a
result of false?  In other words, what goes wrong then these changes
aren't in?

(I'm trying to tell whether this is an iphone-specific issue or a more
general problem with cross-compiling.)

many thanks,
--
Nick