[or-cvs] r12599: more progress on the geoip proposal (tor/trunk/doc/spec/proposals)

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Dec 3 11:24:27 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 08:58:16PM +0000, Robert Hogan wrote:
> >Is it sufficient just to add a new GETINFO command?
> >    GETINFO ip-to-country/128.31.0.34
> >  250+ip-to-country/128.31.0.34="US","USA","UNITED STATES"
>
> Other commands that would be useful:

Speaking of which, I hear that Tork lets users specify entry / exit by
country. Can you describe how this works? (What the interface for the
user is, how Tork obtains the geoip data and how much it can be trusted
and what attacks exist, what part of the the controller interface it uses
with tor, any issues you ran into it adding it, whether the geoip proposal
I've been working on would complement it or force a redesign, etc?)

Thanks!
--Roger