Proposal: Suicide descriptors when Tor servers stop

Peter Palfrader peter at palfrader.org
Fri Aug 24 15:40:58 UTC 2007

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> C) But if we setconf orport from non-zero to zero, either via the
> controlport or via a hup, then generate and send a terminate descriptor.

As a side node, please note that updated directory information will not
help people who have been banned from an IRC network.

The usual approach on IRC networks is to perform some checks on connect,
and if the check is positive to set a temporary KLINE that lasts from
days to weeks.  If that client ever connects again the check isn't
repeated, the configured KLINE matches immediately and rejects the
client.

Peter