bug in uninstaller

vikingserver at gmail.com vikingserver at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 20:43:31 UTC 2007

Dear programmers,

I recently uninstalled the tor bundle, in order to install the new tor0204.
Normally i just install the bundle on top of the previous installation,
but this time I did like you normally should when you have upgraded a
program for more than 30 times and the default folder has changed...
I uninstalled, and whoops suddenly my torrc, fingerprint, secret key and
all disappeared!

Please urgently change the uninstaller so that it leaves the settings!!!

This must be a pain in the ass for people running hidden services and/or
running servers. (Sorry for the language.)

If you want the option to remove all settings, you could leave the user
a choice. Please fix this. Maybe you also should announce it on the
or-talk or announce list. As you have changed the default folder, others
might uninstall first and then get their keys, fingerprint and torrc
wiped out, the same way I did.

/Viking server admin