Plan for proposal 104 (was: New system for modifying Tor protocol)

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Apr 16 19:18:21 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 02:51:40PM -0400, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> Looks plausible. Anything else we'll have to learn through trying to
> build it rather than through thinking hard.

I take it back. Here's another underspecified part:

In section 3, it says "authorities receiving an extra-info
document should verify..."

What does it do if one of these properties is false? In particular,
I am thinking about if the first or third property is false.

Is the answer just "dump it" because we require the server to publish
the descriptor right before publishing the extra_info? Do we care if
the two posts are in the same directory connection or different ones?

--Roger