: Export END_CIRC_REASON_* to controler

Paul Syverson syverson at itd.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Oct 16 12:59:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 08:47:03AM -0400, Paul Syverson wrote:

> I should clarify my point. You are right too. This is detectable and
> if you are locally building a reputation for nodes you use it might be
> fine. Also in practice it might be fine. There are some reasonable
> systems out there tracking up time and delivery through mixnets, and
> Tor uses a simple reputation system for route selection based on
> uptime and self-reported capacity. As well as some OK designs to track
> reputation, e.g., George and Len's "heartbeat traffic" paper.

I should have said, lest it appear otherwise to anyone, that I would
include the stuff you have been doing in this area. I just haven't had
a chance to look at it very much so can't say anything substantive in
response to it, which is unfortunate and unfortunately not likely to
change much in the immediate future. Ahh time.

-Paul