Strange sockets...

freddyz77 at tin.it freddyz77 at tin.it
Wed Jul 26 09:32:14 UTC 2006

I'm doing some check with windows server to detect XP client problem. I
just configured a server, reduce memory used by windows. I could see
that after some hours (I run server for 8 hours) handles keep to
raise... I arrive to 440 handles allocated (I used process explorer
from sysinternals site). I noted that many existing connections are to
or port. Why they keep growing. Why do a server that could handle only
37Kb (this is my limit) have an hundred of connections? I think these
connection are quite expensive. I also noted that there are some
additional listening sockets!!! It seems that tor do not close
listening connection doing socketpair. However I tried to extract
socketpair code in a test program and socketpair close listening socket
releasing port... quite strange, don't you think so. Could anyone that
have a windows tor server up use process explorer to see if it has such
listening sockets??

freddy77