patch for win32

Frediano Ziglio freddyz77 at tin.it
Sat Jul 8 08:14:47 UTC 2006

I had some problem getting tor running on windows. I used
FascistFirewall option but this make tor.exe crash (0.1.1.21 from
installer, 0.1.1.22 from downloaded tor and cvs version). I fixed with
crash.diff. To compile I had to apply project.diff to include a new file
and remove old one. Then stopping and starting tor I had a bad assertion
caused by mmap use. You save cached routers writing file textually but
you compute offsets using program size. This cause an assert when you
load from cache cause "\n" character written to file became "\r\n" under
windows (see mmap.diff patch). I used msvc6 which have older headers so
GetVersionEx use a former declaration for structure, I disable code to
parse full version using oldver.diff. Also msvc6 do not support
conversion from uint64 to double and I use badcast.diff patch (but I
don't know if this patch should be applied blindly...)

bye
  Frediano Ziglio