TOR in Java?

Lexi Pimenidis lexi at i4.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Oct 10 12:51:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 08:51:09PM CEST, Nick Mathewson wrote:

Hi,

> need more implementations for the Tor protocol, and Java is a popular
> choice these days.  You might want to start with the code from the
> Java Anon Proxy people; I don't know their current status here, but
> for a while, they had a working Tor *client* written in Java.

our group is currently developing a Java-Client for the Tor-protocol in
Java. It's in a pre-alpha version, but we can connect and transmit data.
We expect to have something stable by the end of the year (and yes...
we're doing it in our spare time).  We also took a look at the
JAP-Tor-Code and decided to write a new one from scratch.

Taking the code, it would be possible to e.g. compile tor into a
java-application.

Comments are welcome, of course :)

	Lexi

--
Fyig.-Ytvbcp. Gqry Iypqtyfyx, zaai://www-y4.ytvbcphayu.cwaz-hhszqt.fq/~gqry/
CWAZ Hhszqt, Ytvbcphayu YO, Hzbctxac. 55 - 52056 Hhszqt - Nqcphtj