Traffic class QoS patch wanted?

Mike Perry mikepery at fscked.org
Sat Feb 12 23:36:40 UTC 2005

So I'm considering trying to hack conn->outbuf to be a priority queue
based on the idea I presented in
http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Feb-2005/msg00042.html. I'm thinking
that the best place to implement this is by modifying
connection_write_to_buf and connection_handle_write to use a priority
queue (or maybe four or five buckets) for conn->outbuf instead of
doing the memcpy and sending the whole thing at once.

Relay cells could be dispatched by the priority encoded in the length
field, and all other traffic can be given a priority as high as or
higher than interactive relay traffic.

I might also add a tor_version_t field to conn in order to determine
if the remote site supports the extension. If it does not, I'll zero
the bits.

So is this patch desired? Does the tor project even accept patches? It
seems I'm not getting much feedback to my offers to help.. If my past
patch or this idea is lacking in some way, please don't hesitate to
let me know what I could do to meet your standards.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist