Cell size

RM romanrm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 03:48:32 UTC 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 10:52 AM, Nick Mathewson <nickm at freehaven.net> wrote:
> Is this an issue for you in practice?  Sure, there is inflation on
> short-chunked protocols like IRC, but IRC is not a very high-bandwidth
> protocol to begin with.  Have you tried this and run into problems, or
> does it just seem worrisome in theory?

Yes, I have been burned by this (spent lots of traffic while trying
out tor, and noticed it a bit too late). IRC does not send lots of
data by itself, but there can be a lot of messages, especially if you
are on several active channels. And with tor, lots of (small)messages
amount to lots of data.

--
With Respect,
Roman