No subject

fiskio fiskio at posta.indivia.net
Sat Apr 16 04:40:16 UTC 2005

Thanks,

>I don't think I've measured the time on more than one platform.  It
>should take around 17 microseconds on my laptop, but who knows how
>much time it takes in practice.  Measurement seems in order.
So it should be fairly safe to say that it is *almost* uneffective in term
of time consuption, i could start with no consideration of it, right?

>Assume for the moment that we aren't using hidden services, since that
>complicates matters.
For the moment i am not concerned about hidden services.

>Right now, all circuits are 3 hops long (since 3 is better than 2, but 4 is >not demonstrably better than 3).  We choosenodes for circuits with >probability proportional to their declared bandwidth.
how? (if the answer is read the code could you please give me some hints on
where in the code)

> 3 - The circuit is changed every minute right? how often do the OP start a
> new circuit construction? And if there is no traffic does it stick with
> the old
> circuit or does it keep on changing it?
Ok but since i have to simulate the entity OP i was wondering about the
backgroud work, should i make it renew the circuit every minute? or does it
start caching lots of circuits and then using them as it goes?

>We try to have new "clean" circuits ready whenever possible, enough to
>permit exit to the ports that we use "frequently".   When we use a
>circuit (by sending traffic over it), we mark the circuit as "dirty",
>and we try not to put new connections over a circuit that's been dirty
>for "a while".  ("A while" is 30 seconds in 0.0.9 and 10 minutes in 0.1.0.)
Sounds like a good idea, so when a circuit is dirty you avoid using all the
nodes in it or you just don't use it as a whole?

>For more information, you should read the code;
I'll do it!
But i just want to have clear "the big picture" to get started.

MF: