Tor 0.0.9pre5 is out

Thomas Themel themel at iwoars.net
Wed Nov 10 12:41:05 UTC 2004

Roger Dingledine (arma at mit.edu) wrote on 2004-11-10:
>   o Major Features:
>     - Hibernation: New config option "AccountingMaxKB" lets you
>       set how many KBytes per month you want to allow your server to
>       consume. Rather than spreading those bytes out evenly over the
>       month, we instead hibernate for some of the month and pop up
>       at a deterministic time, work until the bytes are consumed, then
>       hibernate again. Config option "MonthlyAccountingStart" lets you
>       specify which day of the month your billing cycle starts on.

This is a great idea, thanks.

I managed to break the implementation by stopping a freshly-started tor
before it logged any bandwidth usage. I got a bw_accounting file that
contained all zero values, and it led to a SIGFPE when trying to start
tor. There should probably be a sanity check of the expected_bw value
after reading it from the file and/or before the division in
accounting_set_wakeup_time.

ciao,
--
[*Thomas  Themel*] "There are only two industries who use the term 'users,'
[extended contact]  computers and drugs. Not sure if there's a connection