Tor 0.0.9rc1 is out

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Tue Nov 23 10:13:09 UTC 2004

This first release candidate for 0.0.9 fixes a couple of bad bugs and
makes hibernation a bit cleaner.

tarball:   http://freehaven.net/tor/dist/tor-0.0.9rc1.tar.gz
signature: http://freehaven.net/tor/dist/tor-0.0.9rc1.tar.gz.asc
(use -dPr tor-0_0_9rc1 if you want to check out from cvs)

  o Bugfixes on 0.0.8.1:
    - Finally fix a bug that's been plaguing us for a year:
      With high load, circuit package window was reaching 0. Whenever
      we got a circuit-level sendme, we were reading a lot on each
      socket, but only writing out a bit. So we would eventually reach
      eof. This would be noticed and acted on even when there were still
      bytes sitting in the inbuf.
    - When poll() is interrupted, we shouldn't believe the revents values.

  o Bugfixes on 0.0.9pre6:
    - Fix hibernate bug that caused pre6 to be broken.
    - Don't keep rephist info for routers that haven't had activity for
      24 hours. (This matters now that clients have keys, since we track
      them too.)
    - Never call close_temp_logs while validating log options.
    - Fix backslash-escaping on tor.sh.in and torctl.in.

  o Features:
    - Implement weekly/monthly/daily accounting: now you specify your
      hibernation properties by
      AccountingMax N bytes|KB|MB|GB|TB
      AccountingStart day|week|month [day] HH:MM
        Defaults to "month 1 0:00".
    - Let bandwidth and interval config options be specified as 5 bytes,
      kb, kilobytes, etc; and as seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks.
    - kill -USR2 now moves all logs to loglevel debug (kill -HUP to
      get back to normal.)
    - If your requested entry or exit node has advertised bandwidth 0,
      pick it anyway.
    - Be more greedy about filling up relay cells -- we try reading again
      once we've processed the stuff we read, in case enough has arrived
      to fill the last cell completely.
    - Apply NT service patch from Osamu Fujino. Still needs more work.