Tor 0.0.5rc1 is ready

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Mar 28 05:42:31 UTC 2004

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 12:28:06PM -0500, Niels Provos wrote:
> Mar 27 09:27:29.088 [warn] Bug: caught sigpipe. Ignoring.
> assertion "errno != EPIPE" failed: file "buffers.c", line 256, function "flush_buf"

Hi Niels, thanks for the bug report. I've fixed this one and others.
Let me know how it goes.

I've also added some debugging code to hunt down a connection-mangling
bug that's been lingering (but is unfortunately very rare still).

tarball:   http://freehaven.net/tor/dist/tor-0.0.5rc1.tar.gz
signature: http://freehaven.net/tor/dist/tor-0.0.5rc1.tar.gz.asc

  o Fix mangled-state bug in directory fetching (was causing sigpipes).
  o Only build circuits after we've fetched the directory: clients were
    using only the directory servers before they'd fetched a directory.
    (This also means longer startup time; so it goes.)
  o Fix an assert trigger where an OP would fail to handshake, and we'd
    expect it to have a nickname.
  o Work around a tsocks bug: do a socks reject when AP connection dies
    early, else tsocks goes into an infinite loop.