Tor 0.0.2pre21 prerelease is out
arma at mit.edu
Wed Feb 18 09:39:46 UTC 2004
This release slightly improves reliability for clients (but there's
still plenty more to be done). pre21 should be compatible with pre18,
pre19, and pre20.
Note that 'make install' will clobber your torrc, so back it up if you've
For server operators: also note that I've moved the default exit policy
into the code itself, so unless you're defining your own exit policy
(e.g. you're a middleman node), you should just delete your ExitPolicy
line. See the new torrc for details.
Improvements since 0.0.2pre20:
- There's a ChangeLog file that actually reflects the changelog.
- There's a 'torify' wrapper script, with an accompanying
tor-tsocks.conf, that simplifies the process of using tsocks for
tor. It even has a man page.
- The tor binary gets installed to sbin rather than bin now.
- Retry streams where the connected cell hasn't arrived in 15 seconds
- Clean up exit policy handling -- get the default out of the torrc,
so we can update it without forcing each server operator to fix
- Allow imaps and pop3s in default exit policy
- Prevent picking middleman nodes as the last node in the circuit
More information about the tor-dev